请输入您要查询的英文单词:

单词 I
释义

I

pronoun

/aɪ/
/aɪ/
jump to other results
  1. used as the subject of a verb when the speaker or writer is referring to himself/herself
    • I think I'd better go now.
    • When they asked me if I wanted the job, I said yes.
    • He and I are old friends.
    • I'm not going to fall, am I?
    • I'm taller than her, aren't I?
    • Jen and I went to London yesterday.
    In informal spoken English people sometimes say ‘Jen and me went…’, which is wrong because the subject pronoun I is needed in this position. This sometimes leads people to use ‘and I’ in the phrase ‘between you and I’, which is also wrong, because the object pronoun me is needed after the preposition between: Between you and me… see also me
    Word Originpronoun Old English, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch ik and German ich, from an Indo-European root shared by Latin ego and Greek egō.

I

noun
/aɪ/
/aɪ/
(also i)
[countable, uncountable]
(plural Is, I’s, i’s
/aɪz/
/aɪz/
)
Idioms
jump to other results
  1. the 9th letter of the English alphabet
    • ‘Island’ begins with (an) I/‘I’.
    Word Originpronoun Old English, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch ik and German ich, from an Indo-European root shared by Latin ego and Greek egō.
Idioms
dot your i’s and cross your t’s
  1. to pay attention to the small details when you are finishing a task

I

symbol
/aɪ/
/aɪ/
(also i)
jump to other results
  1. the number 1 in Roman numerals

I

abbreviation
/aɪ/
/aɪ/
(also I.)
jump to other results
  1. (especially on maps) Island(s); isle
随便看

英语词典包含84843条英英释义在线翻译词条,基本涵盖了全部常用单词的英英翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/22 3:57:02