Diana, Princess of Wales

/daɪˌænə ˌprɪnses əv ˈweɪlz/
/daɪˌænə ˌprɪnses əv ˈweɪlz/
(also Princess Diana
/ˌprɪnses ˈdaɪænə/
/ˌprɪnses ˈdaɪænə/
)
jump to other results
  1. (1961-1997) the former wife of Prince Charles and the mother of Prince William and Prince Henry (Harry). Her name before she married was Lady Diana Spencer. The Spencer family are descended from the English kings Charles II and James II, and Diana's father was the 8th Earl Spencer. She was married to Prince Charles in 1981 and soon became the most popular member of the royal family, often referred to informally as Di. However, the marriage failed and in 1992 the prince and princess separated. Although Princess Diana gave up her public duties and was divorced in 1996, she continued some of her work with charities and she remained an object of intense interest to the press and the public. She died in a car accident in Paris while trying to escape from photographers, and her funeral, like her wedding, was watched by almost a fifth of the world's population.I'd like to be a queen in people's hearts but I don't see myself being Queen of this country.Princess Diana in a television interview, 1995
随便看

英语词典包含84843条英英释义在线翻译词条,基本涵盖了全部常用单词的英英翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/20 0:52:12